A natural and effective approach
Both for preventing and for solving one of the most common “seasonal affections”, namely influenza, nature can once again be of great help, thanks to the use of Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE), the efficacy of which against viruses involved has been confirmed by numerous studies and applications, together with other plant extracts featuring exceptional health properties.
GSE and influenza
Grapefruit Seed Extract, more commonly known by the acronym GSE, is obtained from seeds and membranes of grapefruit (Citrus paradisi); parts used in particular are: the dry extract, which has the appearance of a white-yellowish powder and glyceric (or glycerin) acid, a caramel-coloured, viscous liquid.
GSE is particularly rich in polyphenolic compounds such as quercetin, hesperidin, camphorated glycoside, neohesperidin, apigenin, rutinoside, poncirin, etc., showing high antimicrobial power, as witnessed by a large number of studies and experiments. In the herbal-phytotherapic field it has been well-known and employed since the mid 20th century.
Its efficacy has been widely proven by Laboratories, Universities and Institutes worldwide, who have shown its bactericide and bacteriostatic activity against hundreds of pathogenic bacterial strains, both Gram+ and Gram-, as well as against dozens of mycetes and parasites. Notwithstanding the extensive bibliography proving the efficacy of GSE, its particular mechanism of action still remains unknown, even though according to studies carried out in recent years, due to the increasing interest of the scientific world, GSE’s antibacterial action seems to be attributable to its interaction with the cellular membrane of pathogenic bacteria.
What mainly characterizes this marvellous extract is its “selectivity”, a feature unique in its kind: in fact, GSE does not affect physiological bacteria (as reported by the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine Vol.5 n.3 of 1990) but, on the contrary, it facilates their proliferation by inhibiting pathogenic microbes that compete against physiological bacterial flora. This feature makes it a unique, natural “antibiotic”: one need only think about the negative effects of traditional antibiotics, making no distinctions while they scourge physiological bacterial flora as well.
Moreover, the use of GSE is totally safe: its complete lack of toxicity, of contrandications, of side-effects, of interaction with other drugs as well as the fact it does not cause any kind of resistance, makes it the most effective, complete and safe alternative to traditional antibiotic treatments, when these are not strictly necessary. For this reason, GSE is the ideal remedy in the cure and prevention of typically seasonal affections such as influenza, cold, otitis, bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis and similar affections, besides countless other health problems – both acute and chronic.
For the above-mentioned reasons, GSE represents the cornerstone of a truly, extraordinarily effective approach in the treatment and prevention of typically seasonal diseases such as influenza, colds, otiti, bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis and similar affections, besides many other disorders, both acute and chronic.
Its association with specific plant extracts enables the production of a remedy that through a mechanism of action allows for the following:
- systemic action by means of a product capable of interrupting the evolution of viral aggressions at the first appearance of symptoms, solving the problem rapidly and preventing the insurgence of complications;
- integration of the intestinal microflora via intake of priobiotics and plant active principles with an immunostimulating action.
This approach, associated as always with a healthy lifestyle (in terms of diet, but not only), comprises the use of natural remedies employed in folk tradition which, as confirmed by recent studies, represent a concrete opportunity to solve the health problem.
- To undertake systemic action using a product capable of interrupting the evolution of viral aggressions at the first appearance of symptoms, solving the problem rapidly and preventing the insurgence of complications…
Nature can help you with…
Grapefruit Seed Extract: it acts against viruses, inhibiting them directly. Moreover, as an extraordinary “selective cleanser”, it exerts an indirect, antiviral action, which is effective against pathogens without affecting microbial flora of the mucosae in a significant way,while enabling the reconstruction of beneficial flora and thereby improving the efficiency of the immune system’s response. Moreover, its proven antibacterial activity is essential to prevent and counter possible supra infections, often of bacterial origin.
Prunella vulgaris: the extract of this plant has shown direct antiviral activity against A-type influenza viruses, thanks to a mechanism of action that interferes with the attack of viral antigens (Neuroaminidase) against cellular receptors. It also has an immunomodulating activity, as it improves phagocytosis and the lymphocyte response of Th1 types.
Echinacea purpurea: its phytocomplex shows antiviral activity against influenza viruses, as it has a mechanism of action that prevents the virus from linking with the cellular receptor, hindering its access. It moreover exerts a powerful immunomodulating activity, regulating phagocytosis as well as the production of lymphocytes.
Elderberry (Sambucus nigra): Elderberry berry extract has shown extraordinary antiviral activity, both directly as it inhibits viral antigen attacks (Hemagglutinin) against cellular receptors, and indirectly with its immodulating effect, as it improves the efficiency of Th1 lymphocytes. The ursolic acid contained in its phytocomplex moreover ensures an anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving and antipyretic action.
Biosterine®: the phytocompound consisting in Holy Basil and Sage and titrated at 40% in Rosmarinic Acid, presents multiple properties, among which its immunomodulating activity, enabling to improve the efficiency of the Th1 lymphocyte component, to better respond to viral attacks. Additionally, Biosterine® is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory, pain-reliever and antipyretic.
Swallowable tablets are the most suitable form for intake of these plant active principles, to be taken as soon as symptoms appear, at the recommended doses and preferably before meals, for 5 days.
- For the integration of intestinal microflora with the intake of probiotics and plant active principles with an immunostimulating action …
Nature can help you with…
Triad of probiotic bacteria: to provide adequate colonisation of the whole intestine, from small to large intestine, contrasting intestinal dybiosis, with consequent rebalancing of the immune system. Probiotics indicated, for a total of not less than 3 billion cells, are in this case: Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Lactobacillus acidophilus.
Cultivated on topsoil, they are therefore naturally free from milk derivatives, and obtained using integral cultivation systems, i.e. complete with supernatant fluid (a substance produced by beneficial bacteria during their growth on the culture medium). This fluid is composed by antimicrobials, such as hydrogen peroxide and acidophilin, vitamins, enzymes, antioxidants and immunostimulants; the supernatant works as a natural swab for probiotic bacteria, allowing them to survive gastric acids and provides all that’s needed to form colonies, as they remain in their natural environment.
Fructo-oligosaccharides: prebiotic fibres with a marked capacity to keep probiotics alive and stimulate colonisation of the colon by bifidobacteria.
Grapefruit Seed Extract: providing natural antibiotic action for direct action against pathogenic microorganisms and for selective cleansing of the intestine, while fully respecting physiological bacterial flora.
Uncaria: native to South America, used for its bark, powerfully effective as a regulator of the immune system. It helps increase the organism’s resistance against infections and improves its response in case of illness.
Morinda citrifolia (Noni): useful to regulate functionality and cellular regeneration of damaged cells, it simulates the production of T cells playing a key role in eradicating illnesses and reinforcing the immune system.
The ideal form of intake for such ingredients, in both adults and children (with a specific formulation for paediatric use) is represented by practical vials with measuring cap. Recommended dosage is one vial a day, to be taken on an empty stomach.
The association of the above-described ingredients, essential to ensure definite solution in case of influenza, can be further supported by specific remedies indicated to:
– contrast, by means of systemic “selective cleansing” action, the development of bacterial suprainfections and strengthen the organism’s natural defences, preventing the insurgence of complications: GSE, Echinacea purpurea, Rhodiola, Uncaria and Tea tree oil in tablets; for children the drinkable version is to be preferred, based on GSE, Rhodiola, Noni, Echinacea purpurea and Echinacea angustifolia.
As an alternative to these two solutions, for both adults and children it is possible to resort to an innovative formulation presented in effervescent tablets, based on GSE at high concentrations, together with Uncaria; the exclusively natural composition, the high concentration of plant active constituents and the advantages of having an effervescent formulation (rapidly dissolvable and increased bioavailability) give the product a pleasant taste in addition to making it fast-acting and effective.
– promote “selective” cleansing and drainage of the nasal cavities, maintaining the mucus fluid and preventing it from stagnating, while contributing to soothe inflamed mucosae and reinforce their defenses: a sterile, completely vegetable solution without preservatives, with practical eco-spray nebulizer and “preservative free” packaging based on GSE, Altea, Echinacea, Thymus Serpyllum, Calendula, Cypress and Kiwi Water.
– enable “selective” cleansing, drainage, expectoration and decongestion of the upper airways through aerosol therapy: a solution to nebulise with an aerosl device, presented in practical single use vials based on GSE, Echinacea, Drosera, Enula, Dwarf pine, Thymus Serpyllum and Thyme, atomised in sea water.
– enable“selective” cleansing action of the mucosa in the oral cavity, slowing down the spread of pathogenic germs across tissues, offering local defensive action, soothing the mucosae and maintaining the bone structure: in case of voicelessness and hoarseness, a natural solution based on GSE, Echinacea, Hedge Mustard, Aloe vera and Fruit water. In case of laryngitis, pharyngitis and tonsillitis, the ideal means for intake are tablets to be dissolved in the mouth, based on GSE, Liquorice, Raspberry, Echinacea, Astragalus and Ginger, with natural flavourings (Mint or Citrus Fruits).
– To solve dry cough: GSE, Chestnut, Lavander, Marrubium and Poppy in drinkable form.
– Wet cough: GSE, Mullein, Enula, Helichrysum and Maidenhair in drinkable version.