A natural and effective approach
Relapsing herpes labialis can be attributable to an imbalanced immune system and chronic inflammatory status caused by the presence of food intolerances that have not been diagnosed and/or, above all, that have not been adequately treated. Intake of foodstuffs that “disturb” the immune system undermines the body’s ability to maintain the herpes virus in a state of latency.
However, simply eliminating foodstuffs to which one is intolerant does not lead to a definitive solution of the problem. Initial improvement, caused by the reduced inflammatory state of the organism, is only temporary. The reason for this lies in the fact that, until the intestinal mucosa remains compromised, the organism inevitably comes into contact with macromolecules of foodstuffs used as substitutes, therefore developing “new” intolerances while preventing the immune system from maintaining the herpes in latent form, resulting in new relapses.
Instead, it is necessary to tackle the underlying causes, starting from the “leaking” intesting, where “guilty” foodstuffs have a part to play. To this end, nature, coupled with a correct food lifestyle, can be of great help, particularly thanks to the extraordinary properties of Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE).
GSE and herpes labialis from food intolerances
Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) has multiple, beneficial functions in contrasting this problem. First of all, GSE is capable of inactivating the Herpes Simplex virus directly, as proven by studies carried out by the team led by Dr William Shannon, director of the laboratory of virology and microbiology at the Southern Research Institute. In addition, its well-recognised activity as a “selective cleaner”enables GSE to act against pathogenic microorganisms without affecting physiological bacteria inhabiting the intestinal apparatus, thereby facilitating the immune system’s function which, no longer overworked, can reinforce its effectiveness against the virus.
Parallel to this antiviral activity, GSE proves to be fundamental in resolving the problem of food intolerances. First of all, in fact, thanks to its selective antimicrobial activity, it controls the proliferation of microorganisms responsible for altering intestinal permeability (among which the much feared Candida albicans), while safeguarding physiological flora, essential in protecting the mucosa and preventing food intolerances.
Secondly, it has a protective, repairing action towards the gastro-intestinal apparatus and accelerates the healing process where the mucosa is damaged as a result of food intolerances and of the ensuing inflammatory/immune imbalance that makes it impossible to contain the herpes virus.
For all the above considerations, GSE represents the key factor in an extraordinarily effective approach against herpes labialis from food intolerances. The association and synergy of specific plant extracts enables to implement a complete approach, including the following actions:
- It tackles and solves the problem underlying the problem of food intolerances, with a systemic product that carries out the following functions at the same time:
- a) it restores integrity of the intestinal mucosa;
- b) it optimizes the intestinal “ground” and promotes correct metabolic processes;
- c) it promotes drainage of toxins and improves functionality of dedicated organs;
- d) In addition, it is necessary to follow a diet that enhances intestinal eubiosis and the right input of nutrients;
- It fights the virus responsible for the insurgence of herpes through systemic action aimed at restricting the proliferation of the virus itself, strengthening the immune system’s efficiency and providing the amino acid Lysine, essential in contrasting the replication of the herpetic virus;
- It locally prevents relapses of herpes labialis, through daily application of a specific product for the lips and adjacent parts, with a targed, antiviral and naturally protective action.
This approach, associated as always with a healthy lifestyle (in terms of diet, but not only), includes the use of natural remedies that are well known in folk tradition and the efficacy of which in providing a definitive solution has been confirmed by recent studies.
The above actions are possible thanks to the intake of a mix of natural functionals to be taken at certain times of the day (morning, midday and evening), offering a solution to the problem of food intolerances as they directly face the causes at the root of the problem. For full details about herbal ingredients contained see the specific approach explained for the handling of food intolerances.
- To fight the virus responsible for the insurgence of herpes through systemic action that restricts the proliferation of the virus itself, strengthening the immune system’s efficiency and providing the amino acid Lysine, essential in contrasting replication of the herpetic virus…
Nature can help you with…
Grapefruit Seed Extract: as already highlighted, results obtained have shown the efficacy of Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) against the virus responsible for herpes labialis, confirming its extraordinary potential.
Uncaria: well known for its antiviral properties, this plant has proven to be a powerful regulator of the immune system. It fosters a higher resistance of the organism against infections and improves the body’s response in case of illness.
Alga dulse: a red alga, native of the coasts North of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, it stands out for the high content of Lysine (whereas it lacks arginine completely). Moreover, it has a high content of B-group vitamins and vitamin C, acting as anti-stress factors and reinforcing the organism agains HSV.
Lysine: an essential amino acid, that the body cannot produce autonomously and must therefore be absorbed through food; as an antagonist of arginine (an amino acid that is abundant in proteins involved in viral replication), lysine effectively contracts viral replication.
The above-described herbal ingredients are skillfully combined in swallowable tablets.
- To effectively prevent relapses of herpes labialis locally by means of daily application of a specific product for the lips and adjacent parts, with a targeted, antiviral and naturally protective action, while avoiding unprotected exposure to the sun or to sun lamps…
Nature can help you with…
Grapefruit Seed Extract: as already highlighted, results obtained with regard to efficacy of Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) against herpes labialis, confirm GSE as the ideal remedy for this specific infection of the lips, also valid as a preventive measure.
Prunella: a member of the Labiatae family, Prunella has proven antiviral properties particularly against both types 1 and 2 herpes simplex virus. It inhibits viral infection from the very early stages, hindering access of HSV in cells and their replication, consequently. This action makes it the prime ingredient to be employed in preparations for topical use, as a preventive measure to avoid relapes of herpes labialis.
Melissa: also a member of the Labiatae family, thanks to its marked action against the herpes simplex virus, Melissa is used externally for both prevention and treatment of herpes labilias; it moreover prolongs the interval between relapses of herpes.
Glycyrrhetic acid: a triterpenic compound from liquorice extract, with well-known skin soothing and emollient properties. Moreover, it has marked antiviral properties inhibiting both the growth and cytopathic effect of the virus, useful in the prevention and treatment of herpetic lesions.
Camellia sinensis (Green Tea): rich in polyphenolic compounds, it is considered to have higher protective power compared to vitamins C and E. It prevents the inflammatory response, immunosuppression and oxidative stress from UVB radiations. It therefore reinforces the epidermis of lips and adjacent parts, thanks to is marked skin photo-protective and immunoregulating action.
Vitamin E: applied locally, it acts as a sun filter; in addition, it exerts an anti-herpes action, considerably reducing the extension and development of herpetic lesions, their duration and severity.
Beeswax and Shea butter: the association of these two ingredients completes the natural, protective action against external agents, enhancing tone and elasticity to the skin and safeguarding it from the harmful effects of sun exposure and from the deriving risks of herpes labialis relapse.
The ideal medium to combine these herbal ingredients is a dermatological lip balm.
The blending of the above-described functional ingredients, essential for an effective approach against herpes labialis from food intolerances, can be further supported by a specific remedy:
– In case of herpetic lesions: with its antiviral, emollient and protective action, it counteracts the initial symptoms and evolution of lesions, promoting a rapid resolution of the problem: a dermatological cream based on GSE, Melissa, Glycyrrhetic acid, Vitamin C, Porphyra umbilicalis and Phytosqualane.